Mutual Aid Response Services (MARS)
MARS provides the event industry, including non-profit, industrial and corporate sectors with comprehensive consulting, risk management, and operations with a focus on safety, harm reduction, and medical services to supplement on-site resources and provide contracted first response to any emergency.
MARS will provide the highest level of service to the client, community, industry, and agency being served. This will be accomplished by utilizing high standards for qualified staff, allied partners, and integrity.
MARS is a values driven company. As such, the following four core values are a key part of every decision and aspect of MARS.
- Integrity: We do the right thing for the right reason, with honesty and ethics as a foundation to every business and patient care decision.
- Commitment: Once MARS or a staff member accepts a project, task, or assignment, it is completed as promised. Our collective commitment to MARS’s vision, mission, core values, and additional guiding principles synergizes our efforts and the results are distinct service.
- Communication: Communication with our patients, clients, staff, and allied partners is timely, appropriate, professional, and reliable.
- Support: In the context as a core value, is to support of the community, patient, and client being served while simultaneously supporting MARS staff needs for a safe and enjoyable working environment.
Additional Guiding Principles:
- Community: We value all communities, and realize that each has its own culture and customs. We strive to understand each communities values and needs so that we can serve them better and we appreciate the uniqueness of each community we serve.
- Passion: We believe that we should passionately love what one does in life, which should provide a source of both fun and fulfillment on a deeper level.
- Professionalism: We are appropriately professional at all times without compromising the needs of the patient, community, or agency being served.
MARS was founded in 2000 to provide professional emergency services to the San Francisco bay area community-oriented special events and mass gatherings.
In the aftermath of 9/11, the 2017 Route 91 Harvest festival massacre, the Sugarland disaster, and other serious event related incidents, the industry is experiencing an increased demand for more comprehensive services to their clients without draining local emergency resources. Born out of this need for improved service and professional providers, MARS delivers professionalism without sacrificing our caring, commitment, or understanding of the unique communities that we serve.
Agency & Community Experience
Our team has professional experience dealing with municipal, county, state, and federal agencies, both locally in Northern California, and across the globe. Examples include extensive experience with the Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management, Offices of Emergency Services, and public agencies, departments, and commissions involved in permitting, public health, and planning.
Our staff and leaders also have personal and professional experience with the communities we serve. Many of those communities are connected with the arts, electronic dance music, and the extended Burning Man arts community.